|Title:||Billing and Accounts Receivable Associate|
Our world headquarters is centrally located in Topeka, KS, facilitating easy travel to all parts of the country. And Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.
The Billing & Accounts Receivable Associate will be responsible for the day to day billing activity and cash application duties for Franchise and Wholesale customers within the PeopleSoft modules. This will include monitoring Billing interface from Rockblocks system, create manual invoices as needed (Royalty, Fixtures, Supplies and Design Fees), and schedule recurring billings such as Marketing Retainer fees. The Billing & Accounts Receivable Associate will be responsible for posting and reconciling cash for customers.
- Perform Process Bill in Rockblocks to send invoices to Billing on regularly scheduled basis for all Franchise and Wholesale customers.
- Monitor Rockblocks interface into Billing and ensure jobs are processing to completion. Resolve interface issues by working with IT and/or Financial Analyst.
- Generate manual bills as needed in a timely manner for Royalty, Fixtures, Supplies and Design Fees, and schedule recurring billings such as Marketing Retainer fees. This will include running jobs in order to process bills within the system.
- Perform adjustments on invoices as needed.
- Perform close activities as required for month-end processing.
- Complete cash application for all customers including monitoring Wells Fargo lockbox and wire payments, creating deposits in AR where not automated, and the manual application of cash received on a daily basis. This will also be completed for DAL business.
- Use various methods to load payments details into AR module including Excel spreadsheet upload, 820 payment processing and manual entry.
- Posting various entries to the A/R including NSF checks, bank errors or adjustments, refunds, etc.
- Assist General Accounting with A/R reconciliation’s as they pertain to the General Ledger and the various entries that must be booked on a monthly basis.
- Research and resolve any discrepancies on the A/R.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Maintain Collections Workbench for all customers and ensure balance ties to AR account balance in GL.
- Perform collection activities on invoices and deductions for assigned accounts as requested by Sr. Financial Analyst.
- Build strong relationships with customers, and internal business contacts.
- Effectively communicate with accounts payable contacts, customers’ senior management, or business owners in an effort to minimize past due items.
- Resolve disputed items with customers through research of all available information and communicate findings.
- Send reminder emails and track various types of invoices due each month.
- Maintain all necessary customer data fields in our billing / AR systems.
- High School Diploma, College degree preferred.
- 2+ years of collection/credit experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of receivable and order processing systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, primarily Excel.
- Possess very good written and verbal communication.
- Strong ability to identify issues and refer them to the appropriate individual in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated while having excellent attention to detail and follow-up.
- Must be very flexible and highly organized in order to balance work from several individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United Sates.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and /or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, this employer uses E-Verify's photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' (USCIS) photograph.
If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at: 1-888-464-4218.
Right to Work Notice:
If you have the right to work, don't let anyone take it away.
If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace.
You should know that -
- No employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin.
- Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents.
If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language.
Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515.
In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5593, TDD 202-616-5525
Or write to:
U.S. Department of Justice
Office of special Counsel - NYA
950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
Washington, DC 20530